Typhoo Tea Limited has a long and rich heritage, stretching back to 1903 when Birmingham grocer John Sumner developed and sold a blend of tea in his shop. John’s sister, Mary, was the inspiration behind the product development, as she highly regarded tea as a cure for indigestion. Over the years, the Typhoo business has developed from being the first brand to sell ready packaged tea, to being a leading tea business that now offers products in every sector of the tea market. Brands such as London Fruit & Herb - recognized across the world, Heath and Heather - offering a natural fruit and herb product to an audience growing in health awareness and Melrose’s and Glengettie, regional favorites in Scotland and Wales.
- Launched in 1903 and originally sold as a cure for indigestion
- 90 refreshing cups of our tea are drunk every second
- Our team of expert tea buyers and blenders carefully select only the finest tea leaves
- Our tea leaves ensure great taste, quality and freshness
- One of Britain's favorite teas