A family company since 1930
The Ricola brand was created by confectionery business Richterich & Compagnie in 1930 based on the twin pillars of innovation and quality awareness. The family company now exports its herb specialties to more than 50 countries around the world. As a pioneer in organic herb cultivation, Ricolas close ties with culture and architecture were established early on in the companys history. These ties are further reinforced through the two Ricola foundations and its own art collection.
Natural methods from Switzerland
We give our herbs the time they need to grow. But once they have been harvested, we have to work quickly. Because fresh herbs are sensitive, it is not good to keep them in transit for long periods of time. This is why we cultivate and process our herbs right here in Switzerland. The plants are sent to the Herb Center at our production site in Laufen, where they are dried, cleaned, cut, stored, and mixed. Next, the natural essences and active ingredients are extracted from the herbs and mixed together with all the other ingredients. This mixture is cooked, molded into drops and pearls, and left to cool. In other words, every single step of the production process takes place in Switzerland.
- RICOLA SUGAR-FREE LEMON MINT THROAT DROPS: Ricola Lemon Mint Throat Drops combine refreshing lemon and mint with soothing menthol, flavored by Ricola's delicious blend of Swiss alpine herbs. A sugar-free lozenge that is soothing, effective, & pleasant. Active Ingredient (in each drop): Menthol, 1.5 mg (Also available with sugar in our variety pack.)
- SWISS HERBAL BLEND: Ricola's unique formula uses a secret blend of ten herbs grown in the Swiss mountains with natural farming guidelines. Our cough drops & sore throat lozenges offer the soothing relief of menthol with pleasantly herbal ingredients
- RICOLA THROAT DROPS: Our throat lozenges have been trusted for coughs and sore throats from colds for over 80 years. Ricola is the original choice for relief, with soothing, calming menthol and the delicious flavor of our Swiss mountain herbal blend
- HERBAL COUGH DROPS: Ricola has been trusted for cough & sore throat relief for generations. The soothing properties of Ricola's cough drops bring together the taste of Swiss Alpine farmed herbs like peppermint, thyme & lemon balm in these tasty drops
- QUALITY & SUSTAINABILITY: The top priorities at Ricola are to ensure our raw materials are the highest quality and to maintain the exceptional standards when producing our various herb specialties. This is why our herbs are cultivated using natural methods in the Swiss mountains. Ricola embraces a sustainable approach when it comes to our thoughts and actions; our sustainability strategy rests on strong foundations, as reflected in our corporate motto, 'Sustainability is our way of life'