In 1895, John Paterson founded his bakery in the Royal Burgh of Rutherglen, Scotland, where he sold his shortbread from a horse-drawn van. Now, using over 100 years of baking experience, we've created a new indulgence — shortbread baked with a combination of double cream, butter and canola (rapeseed) oil, and all-natural, sustainable ingredients that result in much lower saturated fat without compromising on quality. Paterson’s Shortbread is the brand leading shortbread in the UK. Our delicious and high-value treat offers something for every occasion, including everyday treats, gifting, out-of-home snacking and hospitality mini packs.
- SCOTLAND'S FAVORITE SHORTBREAD BRAND: #1 best-selling shortbread brand in Scotland and the UK *Kantar Worldpanel, 2019
- SCOTTISH TRADITION FOR THE 21ST CENTURY: Our unique recipe combines double cream and butter with canola (rapeseed) oil and all-natural, sustainable ingredients to deliver on quality with a much lower saturated fat content.
- MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH SHORTBREAD: Indulge in these rich, decadent holiday treats
- PATERSON'S STRAWBERRY JAM SCOTTISH CREAM SHORTBREAD: 200g, 7 oz, of shortbread rounds with strawberry jam sandwiched between them
- CELEBRATE WITH PATERSON'S: Create a festive atmosphere at your holiday celebrations with Paterson's Scottish Shortbread, tradition since 1895