EDEN Seaweed Gomasio sesame salt is whole roasted organically grown tan sesame seed roasted and ground with EDEN sea salt and three trace mineral rich sea vegetables - dulse, nori, and kombu. The seeds are natural gas, infared, dry roasted releasing their oil then slowly ground with the sea salt and sea vegetable powders. Allergen notice: This product may contain very trace amounts of crustacean shellfish. Gomasio is traditional sesame salt used for centuries in Japan. Goma means sesame, and shio means salt. In Eastern cultures raw salt was rarely used on food. Condiments such as gomasio were used at the table. When hot sesame is ground with salt the seed's oil coats and melts the salt, melding and mellowing it for full flavor with less salt consumption. Including sesame with meals provides high quality protein, calcium, iron, and a superior range of amino acids including methionine, tryptophan and lysine that are often missing in vegetable protein sources. Gomasio is low sodium with 80 mg per serving. All five flavors of EDEN Organic Gomasio are low fat and cholesterol free. Sprinkling gomasio sesame salt on food imparts abundant, rich flavor. The triple sea water washed EDEN sea salt comes from the environmentally protected historic salt marshes of Algarve, Portugal. They have supplied the entire known world with sea salt since ancient times. EDEN Gomasio sesame salt is ideal on whole grains and pasta, sprinkled on salads and vegetables, on popcorn and corn on the cob in place of salt. Use it in salad dressings and marinades.
- Organic dry roasted sesame seed ground with sea salt and the mineral rich sea vegetables kombu, dulse and nori.
- Including sesame with meals provides high quality protein, calcium, iron, and amino acids that are often missing in vegetable protein sources
- Sprinkle gomasio on whole grain, pasta, salads, vegetables, popcorn, and more
- Use as a low sodium alternative to salt
- Organic, Macrobiotic, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-Free